Social Media, while sometimes confusing, may just be the most important marketing tool that you have at your fingertips when it comes to growing your business. Because it can sometimes be difficult to understand the ever changing algorithms (we will further discuss “beating the social media algorithms” in our first Education Series, arriving in February!) and network etiquette, we wanted to share our time proven and tested tools, used most every day to implement our very intentional networking plan.
- Planoly – There is a reason that this gorgeous program is listed as #1 on our list of recommended social media tools; we absolutely adore it. One of the most important tips that we can provide when it comes to “branding” your Instagram is to be intentional in what you post and when. It should look beautiful, but also vary in content to keep your feed from being stagnant. Planoly gives you the option to see your Instagram feed grid before you publish to insure that all of the images fall in line and define your style. It also allows you to schedule posts for a future time and date, insuring that you never forget to post your beautiful work.
- Tailwind – While Tailwind is typically used for Pinterest, they do now have an option for Instagram integration, making it more useful on a broad spectrum when it comes to your marketing efforts. Our favorite thing to note about Tailwind is the option to join and participate in Tribes. Here you will not only find other like minded entrepreneurs and creative lifestylers, but you will have never-ending access to inspiration and content. We love being part of a tribe and a community, so this app is has been great for us in terms of networking. Of course, you do always have the analytical and time saving features of Tailwind as well, but we think you will absolutely love Tribes.
- Network Insights: Probably the easiest and most efficient tool for analyzing your social media networks is also the least used and can be found right inside each networks dashboard. Knowing how to properly read the insights for each feed will greatly reduce any confusion you may have about what is right and what is wrong with your posting style or content. Take a look at some of the online directories for each network and you will never need another, third party analytical app. Find Instagram Information here, Facebook here, and Pinterest here.
- VSCO – Need to edit images on the go? This tool was created for you. The VSCO app can be downloaded directly to your smartphone and used while out and about to update your followers and readers on your life and activities. Offering hundreds of stunning actions and edits, you can quickly create content that is ready to get your feed noticed. Another amazing feature: The ability to shoot your images in RAW format right from your phone, which will greatly increase the effects of editing on your photos.
- Hootsuite – Oh my goodness, Hootsuite… Where to begin? This multi-funtional app allows you access to its incredibly feature rich options across most of your social media networks, including Twitter, Facebook (pages, profiles, AND groups), Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Instagram, and YouTube. Not only can you schedule posts, obtain analytical information, and plan your feed, but you can also create stunning campaigns, search hashtags that will work to dramatically increase your engagement and much, much more. This is your one stop shop for all things networking.
- Ok, we are sneaking one more in for good measure, and because we love the “newer” app Linktree. Linktree is made specifically for Instagram and is a HUGE game changer if you have multiple links or endeavors that you would like your readers and followers to have access to when they click on your web address. Since Instagram only allows you one website link at the top of your profile, Linktree gives you the opportunity to create a third party menu with links to all of your businesses, blogs, articles, and networks. Find out more here!
We sincerely hope that you explore the options listed and find the right fit for your life and business needs. Comment below if you would like to share your experience with the programs on the list or if you have others you think we should add!
Stay tuned in February for our full guide to the Secrets of Social Media which will include our tips for blowing the Instagram algorithms out of the water (trust us, we have a couple of super good secrets) writing content that will absolutely get you noticed, and a hashtag list that will give you the engagement of your dreams.
See More of our Creative Entrepreneur Series here!
Featured Image Courtesy of Waiting on Martha
Wednesday, January 10th, 2018
FIVE SOCIAL MEDIA TOOLS YOU NEED